robyn137a_Frame100Robyn_BusinesscardContact Me_small
Child Support | Alimony | Child Custody | Child Visitation | Property Division | Child Support Modifications | Alimony Modifications
Separation Agreement | Prenuptial Agreement | Guardianship | Adoption
Mass Child Custody Statute

You can file for modifications of Custody, Visitation, or removal from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by way of motion on an open case or by way of complaint for modification after a case has gone to judgement. In order to obtain a modification the plaintiff must show that a material change in circumstances has occurred since the last order or judgement and that the modification would be in the child's best interest.

Child Custody, Visitation, or Removal from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Modifications may be pursued in certain circumstances if any of the following apply:

  • 63275680_Frame
    Custodial parent becomes unfit
  • The Children are older and have expressed a preference to change their residence
  • Inability to agree on child rearing decisions
  • illness or loss of employment of the custodial parent
  • Any other change that affects the child's well being
  • Removal of the child from the Commonwealth of Mass
  • Job relocation out of state
Agreements or Judgements that will not be modified by the court

  • Division of marital assets including property as part of a divorce agreement or judgement
    • unless fraud is discovered or failure to divide all marital assets is discovered within one year of the agreement or judgment
  • Payor's reduced income as a result of a voluntary choice of employment at reduced levels.

Our Boston lawyers and attorneys are experienced in all areas of child custody laws. Call attorney Robyn A. Briatico at 617-387-6800 to schedule your free 20 minute phone consult.